NOW AVAILABLE: GCPF ANNUAL REPORT 2017
The 2017 issue of the GCPF Annual Report is now available and presents relevant facts and figures for the business year.
Highlights of the year include
- 44% growth in invested volume
- Share of private investors doubled
- Substantial increase in Class A and Class B shares
- 10 m t of CO2 lifetime savings
- Increased geographical reach
- New financing structure employed
- Landmark transaction closed
- Technical Assistance boosted
The investment volume grew by 44 %, the highest year-on-year growth seen in the past five years.
With USD 482 m invested volume at the end of 2017, the psychologically important USD 500 m threshold was crossed in early 2018, establishing GCPF as a successful major player in the climate finance sector open to private investors.
In line with the Fund’s mission to mitigate climate change, projects financed since inception contributed over 10 million t of CO2 lifetime savings. Projects financed in 2017 contributed 1.7 million t of CO2 to this total.
Claudia Arce, Chairperson of the Board of GCPF, explained: “This strong growth reflects the confidence of both public and private investors in GCPF’s ability to scale up climate financing in developing countries with the objective to effectively combat climate change while delivering attractive returns for investors.